Saturday, January 20, 2007

Chipotle-Seared Scallops with Butter Bean Salsa

It was Snowman's birthday yesterday, and in honor of my coal-eyed friend, I'm posting a dish he cooked from many moons ago. It was during my blog hiatus, and Snowman pleaded, "Please, please, please, bring your blog back for one night! Post these damn scallops, you stubborn elephant!" I swore that if the blog came back, the scallops would go up, so here they are:


This meal was so long ago, it's actually hard to remember all of the specifics. I know the salsa was a riff on the salsa Chef whipped up during a cooking class, but the scallops were all Snowman's own invention. It was all really tasty. The scallops were cooked just right (so easy to over cook those things!) and the salsa was yummy. I have no memory of the rice, but I'm pretty sure it came out of bag.

Grade: B+

3 comments:

TinselTeeth said...

I like the idea of butter bean salsa--I don't eat butter beans but I think I would if it were in a salsa!

Listy-loo said...

Who knew Snowman cooked? I am very impressed!

MXF said...

TT, I was really hesitant about the butter beans, but they were yummy! We all need our beans!

LL, Who knew indeed!