Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bud's Louisiana Food Shoppe

2034 Kettner Blvd. #12
San Diego, CA 92101
619.239.4210

Snowman and I decided to visit with two former Louisianians from What We're Eating. They know Creole, right? We were all skeptical. With good reason. While nothing downright sucked, there wasn't much to sing about either. I mean, it takes a really skilled chef to make fried catfish...bland. I don't think any of us will be heading back anytime soon. Besides, I think there's better etouffe in WWE's kitchen anyway!

Food: Meh. My shrimp po' boy, WWE's etouffe, Snowman's jambalaya...all meh. The only high point was the bread pudding, which is apparently "famous." I'm glad I ordered it, because it was definitely the best thing anyone ordered the whole night.
Service: Unremarkable but adequate.
Decor: Vinyl tablecloths, ya dig?

Grade: B-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why michelle! i don't see how you could dis any restaurant with vinyl tableclothes! it's certainly a sign of goodness.... if by goodness you mean mediocrity. you're definately right on with this write-up! :-)

Listy-loo said...

I thought mediocraty was always given a grade of C. Don't you miss Delta Grill? Mmmmmm.

MXF said...

A, If only they put some good eats on that vinyl tablecloth!

LL, I feel bad about giving C's. I think I only give C's if there was actually something wrong. Not just the absence of right (like at Bud's), but also the presence of wrong.