Monday, August 07, 2006

#56 Lady M Confections

41 East 78th Street
NY, NY 10021
212-452-2222

Listy-Loo and I both saw this place featured on the Food Network show Sugar Rush and knew we had to go. So after a rather dreamy trip to Blue scoping out wedding dresses, we, along with Tinsel Teeth, made the trek uptown. It's a very small space with no decor other than a giant vase of white hydrangea on the counter. I had a delicious cup of hot English breakfast tea, sweetened with rock candy sugar. I also had a smoked salmon sandwich, which was fine, but tasted a little too "corner deli" to be worth $8.50. All three of us had various cakes. I had their famous mille crepes, which was light and creamy and the carmelized sugary crepes were delicious. Listy-Loo had the miroir caramel, which tasted deliciously caramel-y, but was of the oddest consistency. The bottom was chocolate cake, the middle was some sort of mousse texture, and the top was a slightly gelatinous caramel. Tinsel Teeth has the chocolat arc-en-ciel (rainbow?), which I thought was quite good. Intensely chocolate and very decadent.

Overall, a lovely way to spend an afternoon with my girls. I even bought a few chocolates for Snowman.

Grade: B+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, that looks so good, I'm sorry I couldn't join you guys!