Sunday, July 30, 2006

#49 Ring Pops

I know everyone remembers these with childlike fondness. I do too. Which is why, whilst at a family BBQ today, I reached into that giant bin and pulled out a blue raspberry one. But believe me when I tell you, this is a lot of candy for one person. I was having a contest with an 11-year old to see who could finish their's first and by the time we'd whittled away 2/3, we were both like "You know, I don't want to do this anymore." An ELEVEN-YEAR OLD said, "No more candy"! The only good to come of it was my acid blue lips and tongue (to which my aunt, upon seeing it, said "Oh my God! What happened to your lips? You've been in the pool too long!"

5 comments:

VE said...

My God, I LOVED Ring Pops.

Listy-loo said...

Me too! They really are a lot of candy whichis why you can wear them. You eat some, you wear it a bit. Eat some more and wear some more.

M. Thomas Willard said...

hey MXF,

It is great to go to a blog that is updated daily and talks about all the food that I don't consume. But damn, do I miss me some RingPops!

Shannonymous said...

WARNING: DO NOT WEAR RING POPS AROUND ANIMALS! There's nothing worse than eating, wearing and then going to eat again and finding cat/dog hairs on your ring pop =(

Anonymous said...

mmm, edible jewelry. if it's wrong, i don't want to be right.