Saturday, July 29, 2006

#48 SOS

I have one more banana recipe to post, but that will have to wait until Monday, when I'm back at work (9 days left!). Today, I'd like to, once again, profess my love and astonishment at the SOS scouring pad. I can hear those dirty pots and pans clinking and clanging out their Morse Code cry for help now...remember that commercial from the 80s?

At any rate, I was cleaning the frying pan I had made the plantains in and there was a little grease spot in the corner that did not want to come out no matter how much I soaked or scrubbed. Part of me (the lazy part) thought, o-well, guess I'll just have a grease spot. Who cares? But another part of me (the part writing this post) thought, let's bust out the SOS. With a regular dish pad, I must have scrubbed for 10 minutes, to no avail. With the SOS, I scrubbed for thirty seconds and it came right off.

All hail steel wool!

PS-If you live in New York, it's also a good thing to put in wall holes to prevent insects and vermin from infesting.

3 comments:

Listy-loo said...

Steel wool always gives me steel wool splinters! I like the green 3M scrubber pads. They have worked well for me in the past. However, I do have some stubborn spots on my favorite pan. Perhaps it is time to pull out my yellow gloves and give steel wool another go.

Anonymous said...

There is such a distinct pleasure in finding the right product for the task.

This is unrelated to steel wool, but I saw a commercial for some hair stuff that was supposed to correct flyaways and unwanted waves in the heat and humidity. I bought it (feeling like a slave to advertising) and lo and behold - it did what it said it was going to do! I got compliments on my hair right away!

Point is, SOS does what it says it will do, too.

Shannonymous said...

WHAT PRODUCT IS THAT, ELL!!! I need it badly...