Saturday, July 15, 2006

#34 New Food: Acai

Pronounced ah-SIGH-ee, and otherwise known as the palmberry, this fruit is harvested in the Amazon. It's full of antioxidants, amino acids, and omega fats and is truly delicious. I buy the frozen smoothie packs (sweetened with cane juice) and combine with a handful of strawberries, a banana, and 1/4 cup of apple juice. It is truly the most delicious smoothie I've ever had. Smooth, thick, ice cold...easily as good as anything I've had at Jamba Juice (no offense--I still love you, Jamba).

Don't fear the acai! Embrace it! And live longer.

3 comments:

Shannonymous said...

Where can I find it?!?!

MXF said...

I buy the frozen smoothie packs at Whole Foods (by the other frozen fruits). You can actually also get acai smoothies at Jamaba now, but they're not as good as the homemade ones.

Shannonymous said...

ahh, but my blender has seen better days so... to Jamba Juice I go!

Hey, Jamba Jamba! =D

Thanks!