Monday, May 08, 2006

Junk (Food) In My Trunk #26-1


The end of the road...

25. Nabisco Wheat Thins. Hands down, my favorite cracker. I heart salt.

24. Nabisco Teddy Grahams (Chocolately Chip). The smooth-skinned offspring of a mixed marriage.

23. Snackwells Devil's Food Cookies. I like the chewy texture and how the coating crackles when you bite into it.

22. Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream (Phish Food). I love the little chocolate fish!

21. Planters Salted Cashews. The perfect combination of salty and sweet.

20. Pringles (Sour Cream and Onion). I lick off the sour cream powder and then eat the chip.

19. Combos (Pepperoni Pizza Cracker). I break them open and eat the cheese first. (Seriously, is what is wrong with me?)

18. Pepperidge Farm Flavor-Blasted Cheddar Goldfish. This powdery version is far superior to the plain ones.

17. Snickers Ice Cream Bars. One of my favorite deli treats and much tastier than real Snickers. How come the caramel doesn't freeze? It's a mystery of science...

16. Ben & Jerry's Frozen Yogurt (Half-Baked). I'm really into chewy...this ice cream has a great blend of brownies and cookie dough.

15. Hostess Fruit Pies (Cherry). This reminds me of road trips and 7-11s. Memories, misty colored memories...

14. Ruffles (Cheddar and Sour Cream). I really like orange food. Take that, Billy Bob Thornton!

13. Doritos (Nacho Cheese). The best thing to happen to a tortilla chip.

12. Munchos. Like Pringles, but greasier, crunchier, yummier.

11. Terra Red Bliss Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Potato Chips. These make your breath stink like you licked a skunk's ass, but they are so damned good.

10. Lays Potato Chips (Sour Cream and Onion). The best of the sour cream and onion family.

9. Lays Potato Chips (Cheddar and Sour Cream). Fake cheese strikes again!

8. Little Debbies Zebra Cakes. I love these because my mom would never buy them when we were kids. I peel off the outer layer, lick out all the cream, then throw the cakes away.

7. Little Debbies Strawberry Shortcake Rolls. Whenever Sea Thing was in a bad mood when we lived together, I'd bring some of these home to take the edge off.

6. Girl Scout Cookies Samoas/Caramel Delites. Chewy, coconutty, caramely tastiness.

5. Doritos (Cool Ranch). When I was in high school, my lunches consisted soley of a big Hawaiian fruit punch and a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos.

4. Planters Cheez Balls. I stick my tongue right into the blue tin and let the cheez balls adhere like velcro.

3. Fritos (Chili Cheese). A little spicy, a little cheesy, a little corn chippy.

2. Lays Classic Potato Chips. These are just simple, salty, crunchy and perfect. You cannot pass a giant bowl of these chips at a party and not stick your hand in.

1. Funyuns. These kind of tear up the roof of my mouth, but it's so worth it. I've been known to shake the crumbs out of the bag directly into my mouth.

5 comments:

VE said...

Cool Ranch over classic Nacho Doritos... Funyuns...
....
....

Anonymous said...

Funyuns as number one. Funyuns? Over all those other goodies? You're a brave woman, Michellephant. Be ready to face massive attack.

I'm so with you on Munchos. I miss them. Let's have some.

MXF said...

The Doritos question was hard, but in my heart of hearts, I do love the Cool Ranch more.

As for the Funyuns, maybe it's crazy, but I think they taste like magic.

EM said...

Oh, maaaaannn ...

I was hoping 'people' was going to top this list.

I never guess right ...

I'm putting my tail between my legs and pouting right now in case you can't tell ...

M. Thomas Willard said...

Amazing, when we lived together I never saw this many treats at home. Damn, you must of been having some superhuman struggle with yourself...or just hiding everything under your bed. :)