Thursday, August 03, 2006

#53 Island Burgers & Shakes

766 9th Avenue
NY, NY 10019
212-307-7934

I've worked in the same part of town for the last seven years and Island Burgers has always been on my "to eat" list. Now that my time in New York is drawing to a close, I decided I'd better hot foot it over there. I went with my friend, Socram. It's a teeny-tiny little joint, but we had no problem getting a seat. Service was efficient and terrifically friendly. I had the Marco's burger [pesto, ranch, bacon, parmesan on ciabatta] and a side of dirty sour cream and onion chips. Why chips? Because they don't serve French fries. THAT'S RIGHT: no fries! But trust me, you won't miss them. The chips are good, but the burgers are the star. Mine was cooked medium and delicious [Socram got his well-done and I thought, that doesn't even taste like beef...it just tastes...like a grill]. I only wish I had more time to go back and try the other twenty varieties they offer!

Grade: A

1 comment:

Listy-loo said...

Man I love this place. It really is soooo good. I should go there again.