Friday, July 21, 2006

#40 Pho 32

2 West 32nd Street
NY, NY 10001
212-695-0888

Smalls and I were meeting at the Dosa Hut for lunch on Monday (please not the title of this post is not "Dosa Hut," which should be the reader's first clue that things did not go according to plan). If you live in New York, you may remember Monday as being a God-awful hot day. I can't find the Dosa Hut, mostly because that's not the real name of the restaurant. It's real name is some authentic-sounding Indian name, the dosa bit is a mere parenthetical. In fact, when I call 411 for the address (of course they don't give you the address, they give you the phone number), they send me to a clothing store in SoHo called Dosa Hut.

So we're there, we're drinking water, we're mopping our shiny foreheads...we're waiting for service...come to find out, they're only doing a buffet and the dosa look rather sad indeed. Smalls does not want limp dosa and promises he knows of a place just around the bend.

He does not. We walk and walk and sweat and sweat and I wore wedge sandals so my feet are starting to hurt...

We end up at Pho 32, eating hot bowls of noodles. Mine had meatballs in it. I threw in some kimchi for good measure. It was pretty darn tasty.

Grade: B

1 comment:

Shannonymous said...

how do you eat hot soup on such a hot day? I had lunch with my dad that evening and we had sushi and he ordered miso soup. I was like, "You didn't get enough WALKING AROUND all day in soup, now you want to eat it too?