Monday, July 10, 2006

#29 Chat n' Chew

10 East 16th Street
NY, NY 10003
212-243-1616

My sister (who asked that her code name be changed from "Angry Dolphin" to "13" to which I can only half-comply: "Angry 13") and I went here for brunch before a movie. I'd been here numerous times in the past, but I think that was all pre-blogging.

I had the green acres on a bun (essentially an egg sandwich), my sister had the mac n' cheese, and we split a plate of fries. My sandwich was quite delicious. The egg yolk was runny, the cheese was super melty, and the tomatoes were fresh. It came with a side of home fries, which were totally bland. The French fries were decent, but a little over done and limp for my taste. My sister's mac n cheese was creamy and delicious, though I wouldn't go so far as to call it fantastic, as I usually prefer a blend of cheese in my homemade mac instead of just American or cheddar, as this was.

Our waitress was super cute and adorable and our bill was low.

Grade: B

2 comments:

VE said...

Dude.
I heart chat and chew.
Thanksgiving On a ROLL?!
Too good for words.

Anonymous said...

I am sooo happy you got an adorable waitress. The 3-4 times I've been there the wait staff has been slow and snotty! (But the food always good.)

-Noon