Thursday, June 01, 2006

Fun With Science

This is what happens when you're bored at work. Not just what actually happened on the video, but the making of it as well. Bored, bored, bored.

But really, this ranks as one of my favorite moments at my job. That and winning the Oscar pool last year. That and spending an hour fishing a tiny envelope out from behing a cubicle with a coat hanger. That and watching my boss eat a rice krispies treat and having it fly out of his mouth and fall on the floor. That and...nope, that's it.

To find out how to do it, go here.

PS-This video doesn't seem to work in Mozilla, so use an ie-based browser.

PPS-At home I tried an ie-based browser and it DIDN'T work, but used Mozilla and it DID. So I don't know what to say, except you should see a blue "play" button in the middle of the screen or it won't work properly. Clearly, I have not totally gotten the hang of embedding home video.

7 comments:

EM said...

That was the most fun I've ever had with orgasmic physics.

... I mean 'science.'

Anonymous said...

Yeah, um... remember when you and Snowman planted some Mentos in a coke at my New Year's Eve party and someone opened it and coke spewed all over my kitchen and we spent ages cleaning up sticky liquid?

That was real cute, Michellephant. Real real cute.

VE said...

mentos and coke. aint nothin like it.

MXF said...

Ellie, I would just like to say there were many people at that party, most of them severely intoxicated. I would like you to entertain the possibility that coke getting all over the kitchen and Mentos ending up in the bottle were unrelated incidents.

Anonymous said...

MXF, I will NOT consider that possibility, because, if you remember correctly, you sent me a link to the mentos-exploding-video right before the party and you and Snowman BROUGHT MENTOS WITH YOU. Also, the coke-openers told me that they were confounded when they opened the bottle and it exploded in an out-of-control manner. How can that be unrelated? You're a prankster, is what you are. A purveyor of shenanigans.

MXF said...

I do not deny your accusations of prankstering, of purveying shenanigans. And I did fully intend to do the soda/mentos experiment that crazy New Year's Eve in Astoria, but we didn't. Because somehow the Mentos disappeared. As to your friends (obviously LIARS) saying the bottle opened in an out of control manner, thereby linking me, the soda, the mentos, and prankstering in some sort of perfect storm, I say this: impossible! Once you dump the mentos in, you have to clear out of the way because the explosion is unstoppable at that point. There is no way you can put in the mentos and put the lid back on. I suggest you re-check your sources.

Anonymous said...

Mentos-planter.