Monday, February 13, 2006

Things You Can Do During a Blizzard...



  • sleep in late
  • fall down in the snow
  • make snow angels on a basketball court
  • have someone bark like a rabid dog while he chases you in the waist-deep drift
  • go to a diner and eat warm comfort food
  • have someone push you around the parking lot at Costco in an abandoned shopping cart
  • think of ways to break into Socrates Sculpture Garden
  • make s'mores over the gas stove
  • play chicken by sliding towards each other and seeing who falls first
  • offer to help people shovel their cars out of the snow
  • write your name in the snow
  • watch old episodes of Star Trek: Next Generation

4 comments:

VE said...

Did you actually get in to Socrate Garden?!
I'm doing a photo thing and wanted to go super badly, but figured there'd be no way in.
The shopping cart bit sounds real fun.

MXF said...

I didn't. I don't think it would have been too hard to find a way in, but I'm sure my better half would have discouraged me.

The really funny thing was that the streets were totally deserted until...we got to Socrates. Then there were like eight people all staring at the closed gates, shaking their fists in the air, saying "Why, God, is this place not open?"

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Socrates - how does one get there? I think it's high time I visited the sculptures to see what y'all are raving about.

VE said...

Walk down Broadway and don't stop until you've hit two of the most surreal two acres the world has to offer.