Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My Most Fabulous Day

You know how when you read those new year's horoscopes they will give you a list of days throughout the year that are supposed to be "fabulous" or "lucky in love" or "stay at home"? I decided to actually test that this year, so I wrote down all the fabulous days for my sign in my Palm Pilot. (I don't remember what magazine I got this information out of, but it is safe to say it probably had some über-skinny model on the cover with wind blown hair and something about having the best sex of my life on page 64.) The first day was February 20th. Here's how it went:

  • President's Day, so I didn't have to go to work: most fabulous
  • Did my taxes and am getting back a decent return: most fabulous
  • Went to Win-Depot (a restaurant supply store) and bought a pizza plate because I'm tired of cooking pizza on a cookie sheet: not really what I'd call fabulous but I do like new kitchen gadgets, so I'll call it very fine
  • Worked on very belated art project: very fine
  • Went for a ride in a friend's new car; more fabulous for him, but not so bad for me: fine
  • Ate a crappy veggie burger and decent fries at a diner: I hate crappy food! This gets a not fabulous
  • Watched a very good episode of "How I Met Your Mother"...freeze frame high-five...hi-lar-i-ous: very fine

Overall, because of the no-work and good tax return, I would say this day was on the low end of fabulous.

Next fabulous day: May 7th

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this experiment! Can't wait to find out about the next day.

Sidenote: I've never had a veggie burger that was NOT crappy. I'm just saying.

VE said...

All veggie burgers look terrifying to me, like something that materializes on the Starship Enterprise when you stroll into the canteen and say to the holofoodagram, "Give me dinner."

I love your experiment. I've always wondered about those things. I always take note of the days, but then forget them.

MXF said...

I love that food materializer thing on Star Trek. I feel like there is a strict sequence to ordering. Does Picard usually say "tea, Earl Grey, hot"? What if he just said "Earl Grey, hot"? Would someone named Earl of Grey show up wearing a Speedo?

As I mentioned to Ellie, the best veggie burger I've had is at Houston's. It's not pre-formed like those noxious frozen ones and it's made mostly of oats and rice instead of carrots and corn. It's more of a non-meat burger than a veggie burger. It's so delicious.

But as well all know, the best burgers come from cows.

Anonymous said...

Totally. Cow burgers rule. Turkey burgers are also quite nice. But Wai Cafe also has good veggie burgers, served with YUMMY carrot dressing. ;)

VE said...

Houston's?
As in - Orlando?
Or is that a chain?

MXF said...

It's a chain. There are two in the city. I can't believe none of my friends go regularly since it's usually packed. Snowman and I have been at least 50 times. The food is dependably above average.