Friday, January 13, 2006

Magical Mystery Metrocard




I have no idea when my unlimited montly card expires. The last day was supposed to be the 9th, but I think because of the strike I got 3 extra days. This would have made the last day yesterday, but I tried to use it today and it still worked. This might be because of that strange holiday program they had that was, quite frankly, too hard for me to understand, and which also, might I add, was a waste of money. Whatever good PR was to be had from giving riders a few extra days was mightily offset by the transit strike, wherein said riders had to, well, walk.

Anyway, back to the Metrocard mystery. I'm starting to think I actually have a magical Metrocard that will never expire. Kind of like that Grimm fairy tale about the pot that cooked unlimited porridge. All you had to say was "Cook, little pot, cook." Every morning I wake up and whisper "Go, little Metrocard, go."

No comments: