Friday, January 13, 2006

Just Plain Weird


I'm sure there are all sorts of weird "rules" about being a female celebrity that us layfolk don't know about. Like getting collagen injections in your armpits on Oscar night so you don't sweat on your gown. Or wearing at least one outfit in your career in which your nipples either show through the fabric, or else just pop out completely. But why, why, why do they all wear shoes that are too big for them? Is it because they're free and Christian Louboutin just doesn't know what size you are? Are they more comfortable when they're big? Do you secretly not have toes?

2 comments:

Mel and El said...

Wow. I've never noticed that before. You've just given me a new game to play on Oscar night: while everyone else is guessing winners, I'll be tallying oversized shoes.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. It's so true. It really hinders my ability to enjoy US magazine because all I see is an inch of space between heels and the backs of the shoes. SO ANNOYING!

But you know, it's not just celebrities! I am constantly seeing women in NYC with shoes that don't fit too!

I think maybe it's that the heel is too high and the foot just gets shoved further down into the toe of the shoe during the course of the day...

or maybe salespeople push the bigger sizes that aren't big sellers...

hmmm....