Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I just found out someone I went to college with died in a car accident in the spring. It's not awful, I mean, we weren't close, but it's not not awful either, because I really liked him when I knew him. We had a couple of classes together and we'd sort of flirt with each other from across the table. He was in a band and I saw them play a few times. In one class, at the end of the semester, our professor had us anonymously write something nice about everyone in class. Even though it was anonymous, I could tell which comment was his and it meant the most to me because I liked him the most. As I'm packing up to move last week, I'm going through this box of old stuff and I find that slip of paper with all those comments on it and his comment still meant the most to me. As I'm reading it, he's already dead, but I didn't know it until yesterday. It's not awful, but it is sad. He was a good person.

I have this CD from his band and the songs are on my iPod.

No comments: