Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Continuing to read this magazine I come across a quote and it sounds really familiar and then I realize it's Benjamin Franklin and I just finished reading his autobiography and this quote was actually one that I had written down myself as being particularly meaningful. Seriously, coincindence...I think it's what connects you to the rest of the world.

You're dying to know what the quote is, aren't you?

"Human felicity is produc’d not so much by great pieces of good fortune that seldom happen, as by little advantages that occur everyday."

This is the quote as it appears in the book, not as it appears in the magazine, which seems to have contemporized it and of which I do not approve (this may also explain why the quote did not seem immediately familiar).

No comments: