Thursday, December 09, 2004

Fool me once shame on you...

I've known this girl for a long time. We used to be much closer, but over the years...you know how it goes. Anyway she had a party a few weeks ago and I said I had to work, but could come after. She said, "Don't worry, we'll be there all night." I called her after I got off of work and left a message: I'm heading down. If you're going to leave within the next hour, please let me know. Did she call? NO. Was she there? NO. At which point I said to the Snowman, "That's it, I'm done with her." It wasn't like I was punishing her or anything (I mean, it would have been ridiculous of me to assume she would even care), but like I said, over the years we had drifted apart. We were busy people with different priorities. I understood: I just didn't matter to her.

I was so serious about being done with her, and really, you shouldn't think meanly of me for being that way. It wasn't as if I didn't like her anymore. In fact, I still think she's really a cool girl, but when people don't want to hang out with me I tend not to want to hang out with them.

But she was contrite and seemed sincere. We made dinner plans. She cancelled. I feel foolish.

No comments: