Thursday, January 11, 2007

Pacifica Del Mar

1555 Camino Del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014
858.792.0476

Snowman and I spent a lovely afternoon in Del Mar looking at possible wedding sites and hotels. We finished off with lunch at Pacifica Del Mar. We both really enjoyed our meals. In fact, my only complaint is that we were sitting on the patio which was glassed-in. This probably protects diners from the winds and errant birds, but it traps in the sunlight, so we were kind of roasting ourselves.

Food: I had a most delicious squash bisque with creme fraiche and chunks of apple. I also had a green salad with bleu cheese, candied walnuts and cranberries. A little too much bleu cheese for me, but otherwise quite enjoyable. Snowman enjoyed his turkey burger and we both enjoyed his fries.
Service: Very friendly.
Decor: Casual and beach-like. We had wooden fish for napkin rings. I made them kiss a little.

Grade: B+

No comments: