Saturday, August 12, 2006

#62 Sundae on Sunday

My cousin and I have a ritual that involves getting sundaes from Friendly's. Basically the ritual goes like this: we go to Friendly's and get sundaes.

I went on and on about how I couldn't wait to have a Snicker's sundae and you know what? They don't effin make them anymore! That's right! They DON'T make them! So I had a caramel cone sundae, which was actually really good, but I still kept thinking back fondly on the Snicker's sundae of yesteryear.

Well it turns out that Friendly's is having a Build Your Own Sundae Contest and I entered and tried to make the sundae as close to the Snicker's sundae I loved so much as I could. You have to choose from a preset selection of ingredients. Here's what I picked:

butter crunch ice cream
nuts over caramel ice cream
chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
marshmallow cream
caramel sauce
walnuts
dark chocolate chunks

How does that sound? I named it "Are You Nuts? Crunchy Caramel Sundae" after my cousin's daughter, who likes to ask everyone if they're nuts.

3 comments:

Listy-loo said...

I hate it when that happens. This recently happened to me at Boston Market. They don't make the meatloaf carver sandwich anymore. What a crime.

VE said...

Sounds like some sort of corporate disagreement. Damn them. Don't they know that when they fight, the customer loses!

MXF said...

You are so right, VE! They also don't make the M&Ms sundae anymore, so I bet it was something to do with M&M/Mars! Shit.