Saturday, June 17, 2006

#5 718 Restaurant

35-01 Ditmars Blvd.
Astoria NY 11105
(718) 204-5553

Certainly one of the best restaurants I've eaten at in Queens. Dark, warm, romantic decor with soft cozy booths and table; a well-stocked bar; fresh, inventive food, beautifully presented. During a night of lamb, tilapia, mozzarella salad, thin crust pizza, and bread pudding, the hands down favorite was my bowl of yellow gazpacho, which consisted of tomatoes, squash, onion, garlic, olives, and pineapple. Spicy, cool and creamy, it was easily the best gazpacho I've ever had; the real question is whether it's the best soup I've ever had period (top five, for sure). Including a drink per person, we spent $47 each. A little pricey, but we all said well worth it.

Grade: A

2 comments:

VE said...

mmmmmmm...
soft cozy booths...

Anonymous said...

718 is my favorite Queens brunch place. You hafta hafta try it. This weekend... go.