Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Golden Globes

I was going to write a recap of The Golden Globes until I realized recapping awards shows is tremendously boring, thus I can only assume, it's even more tremendously boring to read about. But I can't resist the opportunity to go Fashion Police on everyone, so here it is [yes, it may be sexist, but I could give a toss what the men are wearing, thus, they will not be discussed].

First of all, I like to be fair. Pamela Anderson, bless her heart, is never going to best, say, Reese Witherspoon in the clothes depot, so I grade celebs based on their own history. Therefore, Pam, Mariah and even Nicolette (God, why is she so unattrative?) are not among my worst-dressed, because, for them, they actually look pretty good.

Who is on the WORST-DRESSED? First and foremost, Mary-Kate Olsen, whose fashion sense is hit or miss anyway. But this long Michael Kors dress coupled with the long pigtails have the effect of making her positively hobbit-esque. A half-starved, heroin-addled hobbit. She's followed closely by not one, but two Hiltons. Kathy is wearing what I am pretty sure is the ugliest coat ever. And Nicky is channeling Kelly Taylor from the "I almost got raped on Halloween" episode of Bev-9er. She's also channeling Donatella Versace with her scaly red sunburnt skin. Come on, ladies! You know you're in trouble when Paris is the best dressed Hilton woman!

Who else did I really hate? Heidi Klum. Her fashion sense is also all over the place, but this Costume National dress makes her look like her boobs are hovering around her navel, and supermodel or not, that ain't a good look!

I don't even know who the hell Dayna Devon is, but she looks like a Barbie Doll reject.

BEST-DRESSED? If I had to pick my absolute favorite, I suppose I'd go with Keira Knightley, who looks lovely most of the time, but particularly so in a strapless Valentino.

Also on the list is Maria Menounos, whom I'm used to seeing in much, much less. Yoon-jin Kim (Korean sisterhood, you know) looked sweet. Other well-dressed lassies include Mena Suvari (remember when she used to dress like this?), Rose McGowan, who looked so awesome in such a hard color to wear, and Kerry Washington. Melissa George gets points for spunk. I love the lace shirt and shorts look.


I'm also creating a new category for Plus-Ones (i.e. dates). Best dressed is Eric Bana's wife, Rebecca Gleeson. This is brocade done right (take a note, Kathy Hilton). Worst dressed is Jonathan Rhys-Meyers' gal pal, Reena Hammer. She looks like a lime. A naked, trashy lime. A naked, trashy lime who is sooo behind the times becuase, duh, Elizabeth Hurley corned the market on side-split evening wear long ago.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heartily concur. Lime slut must go. Maybe Jon didn't realize how bad it was because it's green and he's Irish... us Irish folk do love our green. ;)

Yoon-jin Kim was BEAUTIFUL! My personal fave. Wish I was skinny enough to wear tope lace. *SIGH*

Can you believe the Chanel scandal though, over Kirsten Dunst wearing the same dress at the globes 3 years ago that Reese did this year? I didn't really like that dress. And since when does Chanel use trashy silver sequins? I could've made that dress myself. But Reese is so beautiful and classy she makes anything look better.

The Hiltons always look like trash- they are trash. To quote one of my favorite comediannes Tammy Pescattelli (sp?) "Paris Hilton proved you don't have to be poor to be white trash."

I don't think Nicolette Sheridan is so unattractive, I just think she always looks stern and drunk. I think she's TRYING to look sexy and sultry, but I get drunk and mean from her. I think if she relaxed her face once in a while and opened her eyes more she'd be prettier.

Dayna Devon is a nobody and I think she may have warn that 4th grade birthday cake dress just to get attention. I guess when your biggest claim to fame is being 'Reporter #2' on "Joey," you'll do anything to stand out. ;) (But I wouldn't!)

Keira Knightley always looks hot, but what is with her passion for dresses that look like they're about to fall off her boobs?

And Kerry Washington has GREAT style. I think she could be the next big thing- beauty, talent, & style- GO GIRL! =)

Marcos said...

Speaking on behalf of the men at the Globes- I think there are two major catagories- Guy's who wear tux's that look like they came from JC Penny, and Guy's who wear a bit of flare with their JC Penny Tux. While everyman should own a tux- why do they all have to look the same? They never look like they fit right- especially on skinny guys.

MXF said...

I heard about the Dunst-Witherspoon Debacle. Reese doesn't really seem like the kind of person who cares and as her publicist said, "Let's focus on the fact that she won an award." I didn't love the dress either and I don't recall how Dunst looked in it, but I can only assume Witherspoon had much better posture. I can't stand Dunst's crappy posture!

As for Nicolette, her face is so harsh I can't stand to look. I mean, she's had some work done, right? I think she looks like the vampires on BUFFY after they've gone evil.

Keira's boobs have in fact come out of her dress. Apparently she either didn't mind or else she got those suckers taped in there good this time.

Mel and El said...

The problem with Nicolette's face is that it used to be a man's face. That's right, ladies: Nicholas Sheridan had a very strong jawline, and most sex-change ops focus on the bits and pieces below rather than the bone structure above.

It could be true...

MXF said...

I absolutely believe it. And the fact that Michael Bolton is most likely gay, makes their relationship seem like a match made in heaven.