Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Tapioca...not so groddy

I've never had tapioca pudding. I'm pretty fearless when it comes to food, but tapioca pudding looks like bugs to me and I just can't get past it. As I had long built up this fear/hate of tapioca, when they started showing up in Asian tea drinks, I thought "gross." Plus you had to drink them with those gigantic straws, which also seemed unappealing.

But this last weekend I was out with a friend and felt sufficiently encouraged to try the peach iced tea with tapioca beads from St. Alp's. It was definitely hard getting used to the straw and sucking up solids with your tea, but the more I drank and chewed, the more I dug it. I'm converted.

I mean, the pudding still gives me the willies, but I might still try it some day. Oh, and if you have no idea what tapioca is made out of, as I did, go here.

No comments: