Thursday, April 21, 2005

casting call

Maybe my real calling is as a casting agent since I love thinking about which actors could play whom in biopics and whatnot. Now, come to find out, Jean Reno has been tapped to play Bezu Fache in the movie adaptation of The Da Vinci Code. When I read books I tend to imagine famous people in all the roles as it gives me a concrete idea of what all the characters look like. When I read TDVC a few years ago, who did I imagine as Bezu Fache? Why Jean Reno of course! I'm sure this is actually because he played a cop in French Kiss so it was in my head already.

Coincindentally, as I'm finishing up Rob Roy, I naturally assume Rob Roy looks like Liam Neeson, considering he was in the movie (which I haven't seen). Francis Obaldistone is played by Greg Wise from his dashing Sense & Sensibility days and Andrew Fairservice looks exactly like Groundskeeper Willie, yellow skin and all. I can't help it! I hear "Scottish groundskeeper," what else am I supposed to think?

No comments: