Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I un-heart the MTA

I'm so over the MTA! I used to be a very patient, understanding commuter, but they've really brought out my gnarly side. The other day I accidentally used my unlimited metrocard on the uptown side of the 6 instead of the downtown. This was one of those stations that you can't get to the other side without exiting and re-entering. Of course an unlimited card only works every 18 minutes (I find that very arbitrary, though I'm sure they conducted loads of research to come up with that number) so I explained my situation to the station attendant. She was so high and mighty! "Let this be a lesson to you...imuna cut you a break...next time you won't be so lucky..." And the worst part is that I said "thank you" after she let me in. I mean I said thank you because I have manners, but what I really wanted to do was punch her lights out. Maybe she did me a favor, but she did it with such meanness I should have just paid the $2.

Also on my list: I watch NY1 in the morning for the weather and the rail and road report. Today they reported no delays on mass transit. Yet when I get to the 6 train I find it is not running in either direction. I mean, maybe I'm persnickety, but I kind of consider that a delay!

No comments: